Duodenal ulcer is an inflammatory disease of the intestinal walls, which is more common than a stomach ulcer. In the absence of proper treatment, there is a high risk of bleeding. It is a relatively short intestine, only 30 cm long, connecting the stomach and small intestine. Various transformations of the incoming food take place in it.
Pathology most often occurs in men, but after 40 years, with the same frequency in both sexes. Painful sensations can appear not only during meals, but also on an empty stomach. It all starts with slight pain in the right hypochondrium. It can be cramping or aching pain. Usually occur after eating, after 1.5 hours.
There are many reasons for the development of an ulcer:
- bad habits;
- multiple stress;
- alcohol abuse;
- endocrine diseases;
- heredity, in combination with other provoking factors;
- improper nutrition;
- work in hazardous production.
Treatment of this type of disease is quite complicated, but if you follow all the doctor’s recommendations and adhere to the prescribed diet, you can correct the situation and significantly improve the quality of life.
Compliance with the rules of nutrition in pathology will “calm” the mucous membrane of the organ, provide it with peace. There are several rules that will improve the condition:
- you can not eat food that can enhance the production of juice;
- it is unacceptable to eat foods that irritate the mucous membrane;
- eating food in a grated, baked or boiled form;
- breaks between meals no more than 3-4 hours;
- the menu is made up only of easily digestible products;
- no hot or cold food.
The volume of fluid entering the body should not exceed 1.5-2 liters.
In no case should you starve, as the amount of stomach acid will increase, and it will corrode the walls of the organ.
There is a clear list of products that are allowed for use in this type of disease. These include:
- dairy products, but not necessarily acidic;
- fermented milk products, for example, cheese cakes;
- bread, not less than 2 grades;
- dried biscuits;
- boiled and chopped meat;
- soups, always light and with chopped ingredients, including cereals;
- low-fat varieties of fish, best of all baked or boiled, but you can even jellied;
- vegetables, in a raw, stewed and boiled dish;
- any greens;
- cereals from ground cereals, but not all;
- it is permissible to make pasta in milk;
- eggs, but only 2 times throughout the day and not soft-boiled, not fried;
- mild cheeses, best grated;
- a small amount of milk sausages and “Doctor’s” sausages;
- non-acidic and fully ripe fruits;
- sweets, also without large components, for example, marshmallows, and marshmallows;
- butter, preferably in dishes;
- vegetable oils, but not processed in a pan.
You can drink tea, but not strong and with milk. Juices must be prepared at home and diluted with water. It is recommended to drink a rosehip decoction.
In addition, there is even a list of so-called medicinal products:
Milk. It envelops the mucous membrane, reducing the aggressive effect of products on it. Patients also notice that after drinking this drink, pain is dulled.
- Honey. It can be consumed daily, but in small quantities. The beneficial substances contained in it have a beneficial effect on the digestive tract and the restoration of the mucous membrane. Honey reduces acidity and the production of hydrochloric acid in the body. In addition, this product allows you to reduce pain and get rid of heartburn and nausea.
- Cabbage juice. Only the juice of this vegetable in this case has a healing effect. It helps to cope with the bacteria Helicobacter pylori .
Observing a diet, you should never lose heart, you should always have a positive attitude and adhere to all the doctor’s recommendations.
Fully or partially limited products
Any products made from butter dough are banned; you cannot eat rye and white bread. Any fried and spicy food is completely prohibited.
You should not use rich meat broths using mushrooms. The meat is subject to thorough preliminary processing, fats and veins are removed. In no case can smoked meats, canned food. We’ll have to give up salted fish.
The ban includes vegetables from the group with a high content of oxalic acid and coarse fiber. Permitted vegetables should not be pickled or pickled.
Prohibited cereals: corn, pearl barley and millet.
No ice cream or chocolates. Do not eat sour fruits and milk. Drinks with gas, kvass, coffee and strong tea are prohibited.
Diet number 1A
This diet is prescribed when an exacerbation has occurred or after surgery, that is, before the ulcers heal . Usually it has to be adhered to for the first 6-8 days. The menu is quite strict and involves a complete rejection of fresh fruits, berries, vegetables and fruits. We’ll have to cook everything or steam it. The rest of the food should also be thoroughly ground or liquid. You need to eat 7 times throughout the day, but in very small portions.
In general, you will have to follow the diet from 6 to 12 months in order to restore the normal functioning of the digestive tract. All food products are selected in such a way as to reduce the inflammatory process, reduce secretion and motor skills, and stimulate the regeneration of the mucous membrane.
At the beginning of the diet, the calorie content of the diet is 2000 kcal. Everything is necessarily cleared of peel, cartilage, bones, tendons, fat. If the dish is being cooked, then it is necessary to change the water twice. In this case, you can use:
- low fat meat;
- you can fish, but also low-fat varieties;
- eggs, not fried, exclusively in the form of an omelet or soft-boiled;
- fresh butter;
- dried bread;
- from vegetables it is recommended to use: zucchini, carrots, potatoes, that is, starchy;
- well-boiled cereals such as buckwheat, rice, semolina and oatmeal;
- biscuit biscuits;
Fermented milk products are completely excluded, especially with the addition of vegetable fats. Naturally, no fatty and fried foods. There should be no vegetables that contain large amounts of oxalic acid.
You will also have to abandon:
- any fresh vegetable fruits;
- no snacks;
- sour milk ;
- fresh baked goods;
- any foods that increase the acidity of the stomach;
- flour and sweet dishes.
You can drink tea, but always weak. It is worth limiting the amount of salt in the diet, the recommended amount is up to 6 g throughout the day.
Fluids should enter the body no more than 1.5 liters per day.
Diet number 1B
After that, diet number 1B is prescribed, it is not so strict and it can even be called sparing. The number of meals is already decreasing, you can eat 5-6 times. You can already eat small pieces of food, not just grated foods. The duration of the diet is from 10 to 30 days. The duration depends entirely on the individual characteristics of the patient’s body and the stage of the disease.
The calorie content of the diet is 3000 units.
Compared to menu number 1a, the diet has fewer restrictions in terms of mechanical processing of food. It is also used for attenuation of the disease and during a slight exacerbation. The usual products are gradually introduced, and the calorie content of the diet increases. But food is always served warm, nothing too cold or hot.
Diet number 1P (extended)
If the treatment does not give the desired result, then diet No. 1P is prescribed. It is recommended in the presence of metabolic disorders and severe pathology. Again, not grated food is prohibited. The menu should be as gentle as possible, no chemical irritants.
However, the amount of proteins, fiber and fats increases, they will ensure the normalization of protein metabolism and will stimulate the motor function of the gastrointestinal tract. For this reason, raw vegetables are included in the diet, but not hot or cold.
The calorie content of the diet in this case should be from 3600 to 3700 units.
Menu, power mode
It is not so difficult to compose a diet, even with strict restrictions. An example menu can be composed as follows:
|Number of meals / options||one||2||3|
|Breakfast||Steamed omelet, milk, toasted bread||2 eggs, tea, croutons, some dried apricots||Rice porridge, can be in milk, steamed beef|
|Breakfast 2||Fruit jelly||Uzvar||Low fat yogurt|
|Dinner||Oatmeal soup, chicken||Steamed meat soufflé, steamed grated vegetables||Fat-free brisket, baked, boiled pasta|
|Afternoon snack||Vegetable puree||Two steam cutlets||Baked apples|
|Dinner||Fish, vegetables, necessarily boiled and finely chopped||Vermicelli casserole, jelly||Semolina porridge with berry jam|
|Snack before bed||Milk||Mineral water “Borjomi”||Rosehip decoction|
It should always be remembered that salt on the menu should be minimized, and if possible, even abandon it for a while, so as not to irritate the intestines once again.
It should always be remembered that peptic ulcer disease is the most dangerous disease, the neglected form of which can even cause death. The diet, after relieving the exacerbation and during therapy, will have to be adhered to for a long time, perhaps a year or more. In the future, you will have to constantly monitor your diet and refuse to eat dry snacks so as not to provoke an exacerbation and exclude the appearance of bleeding.