Cardiovascular pathologies occupy first place in the world in the number of fatal cases. Of course, the possibilities of modern medicine are wide enough and make it possible to cure many diseases or maintain a person’s state of health in a satisfactory condition. However, even despite this, many patients with cardiovascular pathologies are forced to limit themselves, which creates certain difficulties. Proper nutrition for the heart is designed to make life easier for patients and improve their quality of life.
Nutrition for the heart must certainly be supplemented with other ways to strengthen the cardiovascular system.
The first thing that should supplement the nutrition for the heart is motor activity. Even the most basic morning exercises have a positive effect on the work of the heart. The minimum load required to strengthen the heart is a thirty-minute walk. It is advisable to make such walks daily. In addition, it is necessary to engage in physical education. Many experts even recommend that patients who have had a heart attack take a dog to their house, since with it a person will simply have to walk at least twice a day.
Nutrition for the heart should be balanced and varied, as well as sufficient. The abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables, the replacement of animal fat with vegetable oils, the presence of coarse foods in the diet helps strengthen the heart. In particular, vegetable oils are considered the main sources of beneficial fatty acids, which contribute to the establishment of cholesterol metabolism.
Strengthening the heart contributes to the maintenance of normal weight, which is also due to proper nutrition. Many experts believe that a person should adhere to the body weight that he had at the age of twenty-five years throughout his life’s journey.
Strengthening the heart, of course, means giving up such a bad habit as smoking. If a person is not able to part with cigarettes at all, then at least it is necessary to try to reduce the number of cigarettes smoked per day. Smoking is also dangerous because in addition to destroying the health of the heart and other internal organs, it reduces the positive effect of drugs.
To strengthen the heart you need calm and measured. This refers to a positive and optimistic attitude, the ability to withstand stress, a stable psyche. Anger and nervousness, anxiety and aggression – all these emotions destroy heart health.
What elements should be contained in the diet for the heart:
– Potassium, which helps to remove excess fluid from the body and activates the work of the heart. Potassium is found in large quantities in red beans and soy, in apricots and prunes, in porcini mushrooms and in strong black tea, in natural cocoa powder and whole condensed milk.
– Magnesium, normalizing the outflow of urine and vasodilation. Magnesium is found in large quantities in foods mainly of plant origin – it is buckwheat and oatmeal, watermelon and hazelnuts, almonds and brown mushrooms, halva and seaweed.
– iodine, contributing to the normalization of metabolic processes in the body. Products rich in this trace element are seafood – shrimp and mussels, squid and fish, seaweed. In addition, there is a lot of iodine in eggs and milk, in lettuce and beets, in white cabbage and red grapes.
– Vitamin C, which strengthens the walls of blood vessels. Sources of vitamin C are bell peppers and lemons, rose hips and black currants.
– Vitamin P, which strengthens the capillaries and reduces the throughput of the walls of blood vessels. Sources of vitamin P are cherries and black currants, green peas and red peppers, raspberries and strawberries.