Today, doctors cannot specifically name the cause of the occurrence of cancerous tumors, however, they are all convinced that in most cases people with a hereditary predisposition and bad eating habits suffer from cancer. By choosing healthy foods, cancer can be prevented. Scientists in the research process in the field of cancer prevention are calling more and more products that provide protection against cancerous tumors. Here are some foods that help prevent cancer:
1. Cabbage . All types of cabbage are rich in substances that block the activity of genes that contribute to the development of cancerous tumors. Broccoli and Brussels sprouts are especially useful. Even daily inclusion in a diet of 100 gr. broccoli, reduces the risk of developing cancer of the prostate, lung and cervix.
2. Onions and garlic . Regular consumption of raw onions and garlic prevents the development of cancer cells. With daily use of garlic cloves, the risk of developing bowel cancer decreases and immunity increases.
3. Tomatoes . Dietitians recommend the following nutritional rules for cancer prevention: food should consist of 2/3 of plant foods and no more than 1/3 of protein. Moreover, the more saturated the color of vegetables, the greater the benefit. Eating large amounts of animal fats leads to obesity, which is considered the main cause of ovarian cancer. Excess fat contributes to the abundant secretion of bile acids during food processing in the intestine, which can cause cancer of the pancreas, uterus, ovaries and rectum. Therefore, to prevent cancer, it is necessary to reduce the intake of high-calorie foods and include more tomatoes and red bell peppers in the diet. Tomatoes have an anti-cancer effect, due to the content of the pigment – lycopene. Lycopene reduces the risk of many cancers. You need to use tomatoes in any form, in salads, ketchup, juice and sauces.
4. Berries . Strawberries, raspberries and pomegranates contain ellagic acid, which prevents the growth of tumor cells in the blood vessels. The most useful berry for health, doctors consider blueberries. It contains a large number of antioxidants that protect against tissue cell destruction. Eating red or purple grapes also helps reduce the risk of cancer. These grape varieties contain resveratrol, which has a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect.
5. Green tea . The leader in the content of antioxidants is green tea. A daily intake of 5 cups of green tea reduces the risk of breast cancer and cervical cancer. The effect of green tea is enhanced if you drink it without milk, with lemon. Lemon contains a lot of vitamin C, and according to recent studies, a sharp increase in cancer patients is associated with a low supply of vitamins C, A and E in the human body. The inclusion of foods rich in vitamin C in the diet prevents the formation of carcinogens from nitrates. To prevent cancer, a person needs 100 grams daily. Vitamin C. Only natural vitamins have useful anti-cancer properties; synthetic vitamins have no anti-cancer effect.
6. Walnuts . Regular consumption of walnuts lowers the risk of developing prostate cancer and reduces the growth of cancerous tumors. Nuts contain a lot of vitamin E, which plays a crucial role in cancer prevention. In addition to nuts, there is a lot of vitamin E in unrefined vegetable oils and a wheat germ.
7. Turmeric and ginger . Ginger and turmeric have not only a pleasant taste, but they are also considered spices, which sharply reduce inflammatory processes and slow down the growth of cancer cells. Turmeric is part of the Indian curry seasoning, the use of which helps to lose weight and reduce cancer cell division.
8. Legumes . Peas, beans and lentils are high in phytoestrogens that are effective in preventing breast and lung cancer. In addition, legumes contain a large amount of protein, as well as meat. People who lead a vegetarian lifestyle and eat a lot of legumes instead of meat are much less likely to suffer from cancer. It is useful to include red varieties of fish in the diet, instead of eating animal products.
When including foods that are good for cancer prevention in your diet , remember to follow these guidelines to help reduce your risk of cancer: 1. Never overeat. Try to spend fasting days more often. 2. Do not eat too hot food and drinks. They can cause a hidden burn of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity and esophagus, thereby increasing the risk of cancer. 3. If you feel unwell or sick, do not eat. You can’t force yourself to eat. 4. Do not eat fatty foods more than 20% of the total calorie intake. 5. Eat more vegetables and fruits, nuts, fish and greens. Prefer wholemeal bread. 6. Limit your intake of fried, canned, and smoked foods, cook food, or stew it. 7. Throw away all moldy foods, including bread, seeds, cereals, and preserves. Aflotoxins are formed in them – highly toxic and unhealthy substances. 8. Stop drinking alcohol. Even an officially safe dose of 60 g of vodka per day or a bottle of beer affects the acceleration of the development of cancer. 9. Do not cook food for the future, and if you have already cooked, then quickly put it in the refrigerator. Carcinogens accumulate in warm soup, meat and boiled potatoes. 10. Do not harvest greens for the winter, pouring salt. With prolonged storage, carcinogenic nitrosamines are formed in them.